4 cups of canned coconut milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup of maple syrup (or equivalent sweetener of your choice)
1 teas nutmeg
1/2 teas cinnamon
1 teas vanilla extract
1 scoop of vanilla Bourn protein
2-4 tbsp bourbon (optional)
1) In a blender or with a hand mixer, blend the egg yolk and maple syrup until light and fluffy
2) Heat the coconut milk, nutmeg, and cinnamon over medium-high heat until simmering, but not boiling.
3) Once heated, turn blender on low (or hand mixer) and very slowly pour the hot coconut milk mixture in with the egg mixture.
4) Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan over a fine-mesh strainer to catch any lumps that may have formed and heat over medium heat until the mixture is thick and coats a wooden spoon, stirring/whisking constantly.
5) Turn off the heat and add in the vanilla and Bourn and bourbon if using.
6) Chill completely. Serve with an additional grating of nutmeg if desired.